D4TC is working with our industry’s most generous sponsors, as well as breeder sponsors, serious about the cattle industry, to create a 1-of-a-kind show weekend with top industry payouts for our junior show people!
Show #1: The Breeders Cup, eligible to all cattle, although, only cattle raised or sold by our sponsors will be eligible for breed/division payouts in this breeding and market show.
Show #2: The Bull Bash, eligible to all cattle & sponsored by industry leading bull semen and embryo donations, where donation lots will be sold on sconlinesale.com prior to the show. Donation will be applied to payouts within breeds in which sponsors request!
Top 5 payouts In Addition to large breed/division payouts!
Judges for 2018 D4TC:
Schedule of events:
Friday November 23rd:
8:00 am- Cattle may enter stalling barn
10-1 Checkin of cattle in stalling barn
3:00- Weaver fitting clinic
4:30- No-fit showmanship w/showmanship mentoring by Stockshow U
Saturday November 24th:
8:30 AM -Breeding Heifer show
Sunday November 25th:
8:30 AM- Market Animal show
1) Are all exhibitors welcome? Absolutely, any exhibitor can show.
2) Age limit? Exhibitor must be under 21, there is no minimum age limit.
3) Help exhibitor in ring? Yes, those very young exhibitors may have help in the showring.
4) Does every exhibitor qualify for payouts? Yes and no, every exhibitor qualifies for payouts in the "Bull Bash ring". While, only those exhibiting cattle sold by sponsors qualify for the payouts in "Breeders Cup" ring.
5) Does each exhibitor qualify for raffle? Yes, we intend for each exhibitor to take home sponsor products and/or raffle prizes.
6) What are parameters for "Bred & Owned" show? Calf must be registered to exhibitor or their IMMEDIATE family (Mom or Dad) family farm.
7) Are registration papers required? Each registered animal must be registered, although, you can present papers electronically.
8) Must cattle stay on grounds? No, after check-in cattle are free to come and go.
9) What are stalling options? You may choose to stall in the Horse Barn, which is climate controlled. The Tippee Beef Center is across the driveway, that is available to stall or fit, free of charge or you may stall off of your trailers.
10) Is there space to fit? Yes, if you have purchased a box stall, you may fit in the Horse Barn. If not, you may fit @ the Tippee Beef Center or you may fit off your trailer.
11) When is early entry deadline? Our early entry discount deadline, will be Nov 11th for those wanting a free T-shirt. Online entries will cease on November 16th.
12) Must cattle be entered online or prior to show? No, you may enter the day of check-in, without early entry disounts.
13) Is this a prospect only show? Yes, market cattle must be born spring of 2018. Breeding animals must be born 8/1/2017 to 10/1/2018.
14) Generators? Power is limited in the stalling barn, generators are a great idea. There is camper spots, available for $22/day if you wish to rent those from Kirkwood.
There's a block of rooms reserved under Down 4 the Cause for $69/night at the Country Inn & Suites, Cedar Rapids. 319-363-3789